St. Bonaventure University’s digital journalism master’s degree goes beyond traditional journalism skills such as writing, reporting, and editing and allows you to master the art of digital media and connect with audiences on a wide range of platforms by incorporating photography, video, design, and audio.
Through our digital journalism master’s program, you will learn the following:
- Explore digital news in the broader scope of journalism
- Grasp foundational skills in photography, video, design, and audio
- Report stories and digital news in real-time via social media
- Build your personal brand as a journalist
- Analyze data to understand content consumption and user behavior
- Develop, research, and execute a major journalism project
“The master’s program in digital journalism will combine the best ideals of journalism with the newest ways to tell stories, creating a powerful combination for our students. The digital skills taught in this program will prepare graduates to be leaders in the future of journalism.”
—Aaron Chimbel, dean of the Jandoli School of Communication
Below are a few sample courses for the online Master's in Digital Journalism program. For complete curriculum information, please fill out the form and download a program guide.