St. Bonaventure’s sports journalism master’s degree was built leveraging insights from our successful journalism alumni who hold top positions at ESPN, New York Post, USA Today, and other major media sources.
Through our sports journalism master’s program, you’ll learn the following:
- Explain the nuances of sports, race/ethnicity, gender, and the role of the journalist in a diverse sports media landscape
- Follow the best practices of journalistic excellence and ethics across new forms of media in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness, and diversity
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial approaches and envision future business models for sports media
- Exhibit culturally competent interviewing skills
- Produce podcasts and digital interviews
- Develop, research, and execute a major sports journalism project
“We were fortunate to be able to tap into the best in sports journalism, and who are among our many successful St. Bonaventure graduates, to develop this program. The foundation of the Jandoli School has always been about balancing ethics and excellence in pursuit of the truth, and the contributions of our alumni will keep this program grounded in those principles.”
—Aaron Chimbel, dean of the Jandoli School of Communication
Below are a few sample courses for the online Master's in Sports Journalism program. For complete curriculum information, please fill out the form and download a program guide.