Core Courses — (24 credits)
Capstone Course — (3 credits)
The core courses are designed to prepare graduates to be strategic problem-solvers through advanced knowledge in analytics, business strategy, and communication, as well as hands-on experience using powerful technologies.
- MBA 515 — Quantitative Foundations for Management
- MSA 601 — Introduction to Business Analytics II
- Cyber 500B — Introduction to Programming
- CS 508 — Data Warehousing
- MBA 621 — Data Visualization
- MSA 628 — Predictive Analytics
- MSA 613 — Prescriptive Analytics
- MBA 650 — Business Ethics
Electives — (6 credits, choose 2 from below)
MSA 645 — Analytics Capstone
The capstone course provides students with an opportunity to synthesize what they have learned about analytics during their graduate degree program. Students will integrate and apply analytical skills and knowledge acquired in the previous courses – including data management, big data, visualization, data mining, predictive and optimization techniques, and statistics – to complete a project involving actual data in a realistic setting.
The graduate electives allow you to pursue studies in five subject areas of special interest:
- Management & Leadership
Students complete two elective courses (6 credits) in areas of interest to tailor the business analytics program to their career interests.